QONFEST 2020 August 31-September 5, 2020, Vienna, Austria
QONFEST is the umbrella conference comprising the joint international 2020 meetings CONCUR (31st International Conference on Concurrency Theory), QEST (17th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems), FORMATS (18th International Conference on Formal Modeling and Analysis of Timed Systems) and FMICS (25th International Conference on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems). QONFEST 2020 will be hosted at TU Wien, Vienna, Austria, with the conferences taking place in the main building at Karlsplatz 13, 1040 Wien, and the workshops in the computer science building at Favoritenstr. 9–11, 1040 Wien.
CALL FOR AFFILIATED WORKSHOPS
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops to be affiliated to QONFEST 2020. Example topics include: concurrency theory and its applications, timed systems, semantics, logics, verification techniques, cross-fertilization between industry and academia and opportunities for young and prospective researchers. Past QONFEST conferences have been accompanied by successful workshops on a variety of topics. You can have an idea of the past workshops by browsing the pages of the previous editions of CONCUR, QEST, FORMATS and FMICS.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide participants with a friendly, interactive atmosphere for presenting novel ideas and discussing their application.
The workshops take place on Monday August 31, 2020 and Saturday September 5, 2020.
Proposals should include:
- The name and the preferred date of the proposed workshop (August 31 or September 5, 2020)
- A short description of the workshop (500 words max)
- If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop, including dates, organizers, submission and acceptance counts, and attendance
- The expected number of participants
- The name and a link to the website(s) of the organizer(s)
- The publication plan (only invited speakers, no published proceedings, pre-/post-proceedings published with EPTCS/ENTCS/…).
The QONFEST organization offers:
- a link from the QONFEST web site;
- setup of meeting space, and related equipment,
- coffee-breaks and lunch for the participants on the day of the workshop,
- on-line and on-site registration to the workshop,
- free workshop registration for an organizer and in case of more than 15 participants a second free workshop registration
The main responsibility for organizing the workshop goes to the workshop organizer(s), including:
- workshop publicity (possibly including call for papers, submission and review process)
- scheduling of workshop activities in collaboration with the QONFEST workshop chair.
Submission of workshop proposals: January 15, 2020 (but we greatly appreciate if you announce your proposal to us as soon as possible). Notification: January 31, 2020
SUBMISSION TO: Florian Zuleger (zuleger at forsyte dot at)
For more information, please contact me via email.
The QONFEST 2020 workshop chair, Florian Zuleger https://forsyte.at/people/zuleger/ Technische Universität Wien Vienna, Austria