The professorship position should focus on the development, design, and implementation or on the theory of Artificial Intelligence methods. The full breadth of Artificial Intelligence is to be understood and can include both practical and theoretical aspects. The emphasis should be on methodical base-knowledge as well as on specific fields of application.
The applicant’s outstanding academic and scientific reputation and excellence will be given a higher priority that the academic area he/she will represent.
In order to supplement the JKU’s existing expertise in machine learning and formal methods with complementary research competencies, the JKU is seeking applicants who can demonstrate outstanding research accomplishments and planned innovative research projects in one or more of the following research fields, such as:
- Agent-Based and Multi-Agent Systems
- Constraints, SAT, SMT and Theorem Proving
- Heuristic Search and Optimization
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Machine Learning and Applications
- Natural Language Processing
- Planning and Scheduling
- Robotics and Cyber-Physical Systems
- Probabilistic Reasoning
Deadline for application September 25, 2019.