Successful applicants should have a background and interest in at least one of the following areas:
- web technologies
- formal methods
- semantics of programming languages
Doctoral applicants should have recently completed (or be close to complete) a master or bachelor with honours degree. Postdoctoral applicants should have an excellent publication record with at least one top-tier conference in one of the aforementioned areas.
- The employment is full-time (40 hrs/week) and the salary is internationally competitive (the yearly entry-level gross salary is approx. 40K EUR for PhD students and 53K for postdocs).
- The working language at the university is English, knowledge of German is not required.
Interested candidates should send
- a motivation letter
- transcripts of records (Bachelor and Master, for PhD applicants)
- a publication list (for postdoc applicants)
- a research statement (for postdoc applicants)
- a curriculum vitae
- contact information for two referees
to Univ. Prof. Matteo Maffei email@example.com
The application deadline is May 31, 2019.
ABOUT TU WIEN (Vienna University of Technology), AUSTRIA
TU Wien offers an outstanding research environment and numerous professional development opportunities. The Faculty of Informatics is the largest one in Austria and is consistently ranked among the best in Europe. Ph.D. students have the possibility to join the LogiCS doctoral school. Vienna features a vibrant and excellence-driven research landscape, with several leading research institutes (e.g., University of Vienna, IST, AIT, SBA) and universities continuously establishing collaborations in various fields, including security and privacy. Finally, Vienna has been consistently ranked by Mercer over the last years the best city for quality of life worldwide.