SAT conference hosting call for proposals
As we have done in the past we are seeking proposals for hosting and organizing SAT 2020.
Proposals or intentions to host SAT 2020 have to be sent to the board of the SAT association, which consists of
- Fahiem Bacchus firstname.lastname@example.org (chair)
- Armin Biere email@example.com (vice-chair)
- Hans Kleine Buening firstname.lastname@example.org (treasurer)
by Sunday, June 9th, 2019 (anywhere on earth).
The steering committee will take votes on the proposals and a single winner is determined by instant-runoff voting, also known as preferential voting. If there is a tie, then the chair of the association has an additional vote.
Preferential votes will be collected by the chair from the steering committee members non-anonymously, also non-anonymously shared among the board members and then published anonymously together with the result of the voting.
The steering committee consists of the chairs of the last four conferences (SAT’15 - SAT’18).
- Marijn Heule The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Sean Weaver Trusted Systems Research Group, USA
- Daniel Le Berre Université d’Artois, France
- Nadia Creignou Laboratoire d’Informatique Fondamentale de Marseille, France
- Serge Gaspers UNSW Sydney and Data61, CSIRO
- Toby Walsh UNSW Sydney and Data61, CSIRO
- Olaf Beyersdorff Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
- Christoph Wintersteiger Microsoft, United Kingdom
A proposal should discuss: date, duration, location, organizers (with specific mention of who will serve as program chairs), available administrative support, concept (conference, summer school, workshops, etc.), catering (lunch and coffee), social events, banquet, expected registration cost, accommodation (hotels, dorms), etc. We would also appreciate concrete proposals to co-locate with smaller or bigger conferences.
In general we try to organize the process of selecting place and chairs of the conference as open and democratic as possible. Also please feel free to explore with the board or any member of the steering committee any interest you might have in hosting, and we will be happy to provide guidance.